ice cream // chin chin labs

30 Mar 2012

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy
Burnt Butter Caramel ice cream with chocolate sauce and grilled white chocolate

My housemates have told me about amazing ice cream shop Chin Chin Labs on several occasions and last Saturday I finally made my first visit! And then my second visit on Sunday...

Chin Chin Labs is Europe's first liquid nitrogen ice cream parlour. Yes, it really is as cool as it sounds! They make it right in front of you and you can feel the cold hitting your legs from the nitrogen as it overflows from the commercial Kitchen Aids. Laura K has been there so often the guy knows her.

They do different flavours every week (I think it's every week) and a special "secret flavour" which was Burnt Butter Caramel last weekend and was simply amazing. Burnt caramel is one of my favourite flavours in the wooorld. This weekend's secret special is Peanut Butter Malt... I wonder if I can squeeze in a visit to Camden before my bbq lunch tomorrow...

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy 2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy
Step One: pour in the flavouring mixture...

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy 2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy
Step Two: add in your liquid nitrogen

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy 2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy
Step Three: mix mix mix!

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy
Step Four: Add your sauce and topping...

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy 2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy

2012_03_24 Camden, Chin Chin copy
I destroyed it.

4 comments :

  1. I AM ACTUALLY SAD THAT I CAN NOT HAVE THIS RIGHT NOW. It looks amazing. Yuuuuummm! Please take me here if ever I come to London!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's about the greatest thing ever. Too bad that "locations in my institute where foodstuffs are allowed" and "locations in my institute where there is liquid nitrogen available" are circles that don't overlap in a Venn diagram. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok first of all, I'd just like to say how amazingly delicious that first picture looks - I love caramel. And this whole place makes my inner science geek so happy :D Do they make the other products like the coffee and tea with any interesting techniques or is it just the ice cream?

    Ahh, this post just makes me wish that the weather over here in Canada would warm up again. Did you manage to drop by again for the peanut butter malt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirsten - sure thing!

    Jess - you would seriously love it... but you could be moving here anyway yes?

    Mint Mode - It's just ice cream, but honestly I don't think they need to do anything else yet! Both days I went there were lines out the door, spilling onto the street. So very worth it though. I didn't manage to get to peanut butter malt but I was out walking for 8 hours egg hunting today!

    ReplyDelete

fourzerofive All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger